$125,000 – $175,000 base salary range depending on experience, plus a target annual cash performance bonus, stock options and benefits.
Inspirna is a research-driven, clinical stage biotechnology company with a mission to develop novel cancer drug candidates targeting key pathways in cancer progression. We are seeking a highly talented Scientist with experience in oncology and/or drug development to join our interdisciplinary pre-clinical research group.
- Works with an interdisciplinary team of scientists to discover, characterize, and validate small molecule drug candidates
- Generates hypotheses and designs and performs in vitro and in vivo experiments to test them.
- Analyzes, and interprets data and based on results, independently suggests and tests next steps.
- Keeps up to date with literature reviews
- Supervises a small group of scientists and guides research projects from planning to data analysis and interpretation
- Interacts with CRO’s and guides external projects
- Prepares figures and develops presentations for internal and external meetings
- Writes reports and publications
The position will allow for growth of the selected candidate in tackling complex scientific questions in support of pre-clinical and clinical drug development. We look for people who are inspired by our mission and will be highly motivated and work well within our collaborative, dynamic and team-oriented work culture.
Who You Are
- PhD in Biological Sciences, or related field, with a cancer biology or drug development related focus with 5+ years of post-doctoral experience in an academic or industry R&D laboratory
- Experience in pharma, drug screening or testing of biologics or small molecules is preferred.
- Experience with in vivo mouse work and/or assay development is required
- Keen interest in unraveling mechanistic questions and a demonstrated track record of successfully completing complex projects
- Great communication skills, high self-motivation and ability to work independently in a high complexity setting
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and ability to analyze and present quantitative data
- Excellent team play, great time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to become proficient with new technologies (equipment and software) and innovate on processes. Experience with software such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, PowerPoint, R Studio, Python is desired.
Salary and benefits for the position are in line with biotechnology industry comps for your experience level.
Who We Are
Inspirna is a private clinical stage venture-backed biotechnology company with a mission to develop cancer therapies designed specifically to target cancer progression. Inspirna is leading next-generation cancer therapies with first-in-class lead drug candidates for several aggressive cancer subtypes, including lung cancer, colorectal cancer and endometrial cancer. The company is headquartered in New York City, NY. Please visit www.inspirna.com for more details and send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.